The 2016 YJA Convention would not be possible without the tireless work of our volunteers. The Adult Volunteer Committee is looking for dedicated individuals to help us host a successful convention. We need volunteers from around 8am on Friday, July 1st, to 2pm on Monday, July 4th. However, generally, volunteers will be working from around 6am to 3am during various shifts on the Saturday and Sunday (July 2nd/3rd) during convention.
- Security: Help manage crowd flows, baggage check, and traffic during registration; partner with external security team to ensure convention rules are followed (requires long periods of standing/sitting)
- Hospitality: Prepare, distribute and transport food, and assist with other food logistics
- Travel: Assist attendees and speakers with reaching the hotel from major airports (requires long periods of standing/sitting and providing transportation from airport to convention hotel)
- Decorations: Assist setting up decorations in hotel for social events (may require heavy lifting, standing on ladders, and/or reaching heights)
- Speaker Liason: Assist speakers with directions, providing items they may require, and/or assist them with sessions
- Assist Dignitaries: Accommodate dignitaries' needs and assist them throughout the convention
- Photography/Videography: Use your own equipment to record sessions and events as needed
- General Assistance: Provide help wherever necessary
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest and help in advance!